Personal Property Information
Personal Property Declarations
Personal Property Declarations are mailed every September to businesses located in Hamden including companies that have leased, borrowed or consigned equipment. The declaration contains detailed instructions in order to complete the declaration. Failure to receive a declaration does not exclude any business owner from filing a declaration.
Declarations of property must be filed on or before the first of November by all businesses in the Town. Failure to file timely or omit personal property shall be subject to a 25% penalty of the assessment.
Download Declaration Applications below, obtain a copy from the Hamden Assessor’s Office by calling 203-287-7128, or by also visiting the office located at:
Hamden Government Center
2750 Dixwell Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Personal Property Declaration Forms are due Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Connecticut State Statute 12-53 allows Assessors to perform audits regarding personal property. The Town of Hamden has an active Personal Property audit program that examines the financial information of businesses in the Town on a random basis. A business owner is notified by certified mail as to the time, place and documents required for the audit.
Upon completion of the audit, the taxpayer is notified by mail of any increases or decreases to their assessment. The taxpayer has the right to appeal the audit results with the Board of Assessment Appeals.
- Tax Exempt Organizations Instructions
- Tax Exempt Application
- Tax Exempt Application with Housing
- Property Tax Exemption Application for a New Commercial Truck, Truck Tractor, Trailer or Semitrailer
- Application to the Assessor for Exemption of Certain Farm Buildings
- Application to the Assessor for Exemption of Farm Machinery, Horses or Ponies
- 2023 Declaration of Personal Property
- 2023 Declaration of Personal Property MV FORM
- 2023 Grand List Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment Exemption Claim
- 2023 Grand List Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment Exemption Claim Itemized