Clelian Adult Day Center
Caring for a loved one can be a challenging and stressful journey for the family, but also a rewarding one. The more information you have, the better you can care for and support your loved one. Clelian Adult Day Center can help! When a nursing home is too much and a senior center is too little, the Clelian Adult Day Center is the perfect place to be.
The Clelian Center is a ministry of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and has been providing compassionate medical and dementia care to older adults and their families since 1988.
In the spirit of Mother Clelia Merloni, foundress of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the staff and volunteers of Clelian Adult Day Center seek to meet the spiritual, psychological, social, and medical needs of adults in a loving and caring environment. The primary mission is to preserve a feeling of self-worth and dignity in each person especially those who need special care. The therapeutic recreational programs are designed to enhance the quality of life of each of our clients. Clelian Center is a place where every person, young or old, is valued as a unique individual.
Our clinical staff consists of:
A registered nurse (RN)
Licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
Certified nursing assistants (CNAs)
Certified therapeutic recreation specialist (CTRS)
The staff-to-client ratio is one to seven. We also have volunteers and Senior Companions from the Agency on Aging that give one on one care to our clients.
We have an established daily fee. Funding is also available through the Agency on Aging and Alzheimer’s Association.
- Breakfast, heart healthy lunch made fresh on site by our chef and afternoon snack served daily
- Individualized Care Plans
- Medication management
- Social Service - coordination and communication with other medical providers
- Evening Monthly Support Group
- Podiatry Services
- Art Therapy and Crafts
- Education and Cultural Programs
- Horticultural Therapy
- Music and Dance Therapy / Musical Entertainment
- Pet Therapy
- Yoga and Exercise Therapy
Included in our fee and within the Greater New Haven area, scheduled by our transportation coordinator with Greater New Haven My Ride.
- Ability to live at home longer
- Decrease in stress, loneliness, and depression
- Early detection and treatment of health issues by nursing staff
- Engaging in activities and making friendships
- Improved quality of life
- Promote maximum level of functioning and independence
- Care Management Services
- Decreased stress
- Improved quality of life for you and your family
- Monthly Family Open House to encourage family interaction
- Ongoing caregiver support and resources
- Peace of mind knowing your loved one is safe and happy
- Respite Care
- Spiritual Support