- Departments & Resources
- Departments M-Z
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Bulk Leaf Pick-Up
Bulk Leaf Pick-Up
- Bundled brush and bagged leaves should be placed curbside separate of each other and away from October bulk pickup items
- Bundles should weigh no more than 50 pounds, exceed no more than four feet in length and contain no pieces in excess of four inches diameter
- Disposal of root systems, grass clippings, and soil is prohibited
- Leaves must be placed in paper bags (not plastic) and brush must be bundled and tied with string or twine
- No items should be placed in the street or in any way block a sidewalk
Residents with Disabilities
Only those residences where all occupants are disabled or physically unable to bag their leaves and have been approved for curbside pick-up through the Town Attorney's Office, may rake their leaves to the curb. Households in which all residents are disabled or unable to bag loose leaves in order to be eligible for curbside leaf pickup, must be qualified in order to receive the service. For questions regarding curbside leaf pick-up eligibility documentation, please contact the Town Attorney's Office at 203-287-7050.
Ordinance / Fines
Enforcement of the Leaf Ordinance greatly speeds the collection process and allows all residents to have their leaves and yard waste picked up in a timely manner. By providing this valuable service to our elderly and/or disabled residents the Town is able to ensure a timely and efficient leaf pick-up season while providing for those residents in need of additional help.
Residents whose leaves are placed at the curb un-bagged without having received permission from the Town to do so will not receive the service and run the risk of being fined.
Leaves cannot be picked up from private roads or from roads that have not been accepted into the Town road system. Residents on unaccepted and private roads may bring leaves to the Transfer Station during normal hours, Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30pm to 3 p.m., as well as 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. on the first and third Saturdays of each month. Please contact Public Works at 203-287-2600 for further information.