- It shall be unlawful for any person to allow or permit any dog to defecate upon any sidewalk, public street, median divider within public streets, grass or paved strips between streets and sidewalks, public parks and other public property, unless such person shall remove all feces so deposited by such animal immediately before leaving the area of the defecation.
- Person shall mean any individual who is in charge of the dog at the time of the violation or, if no one is in charge or control of the dog, person shall mean the owner of any duly licensed dog, or if such dog determined by the circumstances surrounding the care and custody of such dog at or about the time of the violation. If there is more than one person owning a dog, all such persons shall be jointly liable for any fines imposed hereunder.
- The provisions of this ordinance shall not apply to any blind person when accompanied by a guide dog, to any deaf person when accompanied by a guide dog or to any physically handicapped person who under the circumstances is unable to comply with this ordinance.
- Any violation of this ordinance shall be punishable by a fine of no more than more than twenty-five dollars ($25).
- This Ordinance shall be enforced by the Hamden Dog Warden and her assistants.
This ordinance was adopted by the Legislative Council at its regular meeting held on February 5, 1979.