The Clean and Green Commission divides their goals among three subgroups: Clean Up Group, Green Up Group, and Zoning Group.
Clean Up Group
The Clean Up Group will be responsible for organizing and publicizing quarterly clean-ups, including:
- Business sponsorship and involvement
- Choosing, publicizing and presenting the Onion and Orchid awards
- Organizing the Adopt a Road program and Earth Day events
Green Up Group
The Green Up Group will be responsible for:
- Creation of community education programs on environmental practices
- Researching and applying for educational and beautification grants
- Researching and facilitating plans for a Town tree farm, and assisting with Earth Day events
The Zoning Group will work with the Town's Zoning Enforcement staff to report zoning violations, primarily those concerning blight and property maintenance. They will assist in educating residents about blight issues and instituting creative and effective ways to improve the Town's visual character. The Zoning Group will also be responsible for organizing the annual joint meeting of Hamden’s environmental commissions and helping with the organization of Earth Day.