Virtual Meetings (Regular and Special)
Committee Meetings are held on the first and second Monday's of each month, with the Regular Meeting following on the third Monday of each month. Meetings start at 7:00 PM. Special meetings are called as needed. View the meeting calendar below.
- View the 2021 Revised Meeting Calendar
Legislative Council meetings use the same Zoom link for meetings unless an agenda states otherwise. Please click the link below to join a Legislative Council scheduled webinar:
https://zoom.us/j/96032210583 Password: Dragons
Telephone: US +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID: 960-3221-0583 Password: Dragons
For additional sign-in support for any device or browser you can use the following link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting?mobile_site=true
The Legislative Council is a town-elected position which occurs every two years in the odd years cycle. There are fifteen members on the Council in total, consisting of 1 district council member elected from each voting district for a total of nine members, and six members are elected at-large by the entire town. The electors shall vote for no more than four of the at-large candidates, and the six candidates with the highest number of votes shall be elected.
Contacting the Council
Residents should feel free to contact their District Representative, or any of the At-Large Members as they represent the whole Town. Contact information for each member is available below.
- Kristen Zaehringer (D) District 1
Email Kristen Zaehringer
- Jeron Alston (D) District 2
Email Jeron Alston
- Athena Gary (D) District 3
Email Athena Gary
- Valerie Horsley (D) District 4
Email Valerie Horsley
- Justin Farmer (D) District 5
Email Justin Farmer
The legislative power of the town shall be voted exclusively in the Council. Some duties include:
- Annual appropriations for the town
- Enact ordinances and resolutions
- Create or abolish boards and commissions, departments or offices as necessary
- Increase or decrease the budget
- Contract for services
- Set fees on behalf of the Town of Hamden
All power and duties are included in the Hamden Charter (PDF), Section 3-5.
Mayor - Legislative Council
Hamden has a Mayor-Legislative Council form of government. The Mayor is not a member of the Legislative Council.
There Are 12 Council Committees
- Economic and Development
- Environment and Conservation
- Human Services
- Municipal Planning and Properties
- Public Safety and Protection
- Public Works and Parks
- Recreation and Culture