Traffic Authority Meeting Info
***At this time speed hump requests have been suspended. This is due to multiple requests to have an existing approved speed humps removed. Therefore, we are in the process of creating a speed hump removal policy, as well as, revamping the current speed hump installation policy. We are currently working with the Town Attorney on this matter. Thank you for your patience. *
The Traffic Authority, otherwise referred to as the Parking Division in the Charter. The Traffic Authority also serves concurrently with the Police Commission. It has all the powers of municipal parking authorities under the general provisions of Connecticut General Statutes, Chapter 100, as amended.
Citizens, neighborhood associations, schools, organizations, and businesses bring traffic concern and requests for street signs, lights, or street closings for parades, charity, and neighborhood events to the Commission for considerations, investigation, and action. Such requests should be submitted by the 20th day of the month in order to appear on the next month's agenda. The Commission consults with the Police Chief, Town Engineer, Director of Public Works, and/or Town Planner, who provide recommendations.
- 5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Monday of every month
- MEETINGS MAY BE HELD VIRTUALLY ON ZOOM. PLEASE CHECK AGENDA FOR INFORMATION.
To request for an item be placed on the Traffic Authority Agenda or Request for Speed Hump(s) please use the below Form(s) and send it to the Traffic Authority c/o Hamden Police Department, email@example.com or by fax: (203) 288-4876 Attn: Chief’s Office or by email to Chief’s Administrative Assistant:
- Rhonda L. Caldwell, Madame- Chair
- Elaine Dove
- Daniel Dunn
- Frank LaDore
- Vaughn M. Willis
- Nancy Forvil, Traffic Authority Clerk
NOTICE OF WEIGHT RESTRICTION ON TODD ST.
Effective September 1st, 2021 trucks over 14,000lbs or 7 tons are restricted from traveling on Todd St.
Please visit www.ct.gov/dot/osta to find more information on the Connecticut Office of State Traffic Authority guidance for local traffic authorities.
- 02-2018 Traffic Department Report (PDF)
- 03-2018 Traffic Department Report (PDF)
- 2018 Traffic Calming Projects Number 2 (PDF)
- Anns Farm Road - Traffic Calming Map (PDF)
- Anns Farm Road - Traffic Calming Report (PDF)
- East-West Traffic Study (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road - 01 -Report (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road - 02 -Appendix (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road - 03 - Add (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road (ZIP)
- Traffic Study for Haverford Street from Lansdowne Ave to Ridge Rd
- Hamden Plains, Wintergreen and East Side Traffic Study (PDF)
- Hillfield-Johnson Road (ZIP)
- 11-2017 Hillfield Road at Johnson Road - Traffic Safety Study (PDF)
- 01-2018 Hillfield Road at Johnson Road - Traffic Safety Study - Revision 1 (PDF)
- Ridge Road Traffic Study (PDF)
- Ridge Road Traffic Study Recomendations (PDF)
- Ridge Road Traffic Study Timeline - Final (PDF)
- Todd Street Hamden Appendix (PDF)
- Todd Street Hamden Traffic Calming (PDF)
- Todd Street Traffic Study (ZIP)
- West Todd Street Evaluation (PDF)
- Hamden OSTA Guidelines 3
- Woodin Street Traffic Calming Study 2021