The Happiness Project 2021
“Positive Choices for a Healthy Hamden” Billboard Campaign
Theme: The Happiness Project
The Town of Hamden Youth Services Bureau and Hamden Public Schools with support from Outfront Media, is sponsoring a Billboard Campaign. This contest is in support of the Hamden Youth Network’s prevention efforts. This project is funded by a Youth Enhancement grant through DCF. This year’s theme is The Happiness Project. Explore strategies to deal with anxiety and depression.
Some ideas…practice gratitude * help others * exercise * eat right * healthy social connections *talk to a trusted friend or family member *talk to a professional * meditate * express yourself through writing, art, music, movement *spend time outdoors *take a social media break *breathe
Inspire others to make positive choices.
Please Contact Susan Rubino at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Must be submitted by a Hamden resident youth; follow required design specifications; and have an official entry form completed.
SUBMITTING YOUR DESIGN
Entries must be submitted by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 28th 2021. Completed forms and art work must be submitted electronically to Susan Rubino, Coordinator for Hamden Youth Services – email@example.com
- Colors should be bold and show contrast and clarity.
- If words are used in the design (optional), no more than seven words should be used and font should be simple.
- No portrayals of drug use, keep the message positive.
- Designs should be simple and easy to understand in a short amount of time.
Three billboard designs for each school level (High, Middle, Elementary) will be selected the week of February 1st-February 5th 2021 as winners by a judging panel.
- 1ST PLACE: The first prize winner will have their design displayed on three billboards in Hamden.
- 2ND PLACE: Second place winner will have their design displayed on two billboards in Hamden.
- 3RD PLACE: The third place winner will have their design displayed on one billboard in Hamden.
FOR HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
(1st place $300.00, 2nd Place $200.00, 3rd Place $100.00)
- There is a limit of one billboard design entry per student.
- Entries should be drawn on the provided billboard design sheet in horizontal format.
- Digital art should be created in the dimensions of 4.5” (vertical) by 8” (horizontal).
- A signed Entry Form & Release must be submitted with the entry.