- Council & Boards
- Boards & Commissions A to M
- Finance Commission
The Finance Commission shall have the authority to exercise the powers and duties exclusively set forth in the Charter and Ordinances and such incidental powers as may be reasonably necessary to enable it to investigate and determine those matters of fiscal policy of the Town as are within its direct jurisdiction and responsibility. Said responsibilities shall include budget preparation and oversight; reporting function; collective bargaining agreements; pensions; long-term financial and capital planning; and standards and policies. Please see the Annotated Charter of the Town of Hamden Connecticut adopted November 8, 2022 for more information.
- Meeting Schedule to be determined.
- MEETINGS MAY BE HELD VIRTUALLY ON ZOOM. CHECK AGENDA FOR INFORMATION.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
If you would like to email the Finance Commission, please email HBC_FinanceCommission@hamden.com.
Appointment and Membership. The Commission shall consist of five (5) members, appointed as set forth in §7-1. C of this Charter. The Commission shall choose a chair and such other officers as it may desire. Please see the Annotated Charter of the Town of Hamden Connecticut adopted November 8, 2022 for more information.
- Term. The Mayor shall appoint two (2) members and the President of the Legislative Council shall appoint three (3) members for a term of six (6) years commencing on the 1st Day of January of the year of appointment (subject to the transition provision, below). All appointments shall be subject to approval by a Majority Vote of the Legislative Council. The terms shall be staggered as established at the date of the original appointment.
- Transition Provision Pertaining to the Initial Appointment of Members to the Finance Commission. The Mayor and President of the Legislative Council shall each appoint one (1) member to a term of six (6) years commencing on the 1st Day of January 2023. The Mayor and President of the Legislative Council shall each appoint one (1) member to a term of five (5) years commencing on the 1st Day of January 2023 and thereafter to a term of six (6) years commencing on the 1st day of January 2028. The President of the Legislative Council shall appoint one (1) member to a term of four (4) years commencing on the 1st Day of January 2023 and thereafter to a term of six (6) years commencing on the 1st day of January 2027. Following the initial appointments, the term of office shall be uniformly applied.
- Minority Party Representation. Said Commission shall be subject to the requirements of the §7-1. F of this Charter.
- Restrictions. Said Commission members shall be subject to the provision of §7-1. I of this Charter.
- Selection of Officers. The Commission shall elect a Chair, Vice Chair and such other officers as it deems necessary.
- Ex Officio Members. The following non-voting ex-officio members shall be appointed to the Commission as follows: (i) a Public Official or municipal employee representing the Mayor, designated by the Mayor; (ii) a representative of the Board of Education, designated by a majority vote of said Board; and, (iii) the Chair of the Legislative Council committee of jurisdiction over the budget or a member of said committee designated by the Chair. The provisions of §7-2A(2)(c) of this Charter shall not apply to said ex-officio members.
Christian M. McNamara
Thomas A. Della Ventura