2021 SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOG LICENSING DURING COVID-19:
Because of COVID-19, the Town Clerk’s office can only accept dog license renewals or new dogs by USPS mail or green Town Clerk locked drop box at this time.
- The mail-in dog license application (DOWNLOAD HERE) must be returned to us with:
- valid current up-to-date rabies certificate, and the
- appropriate fees, including any late fees. (Checks only please)
- PLEASE INCLUDE A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE.
- Mail Checks or money orders only made out to:
‘HAMDEN TOWN CLERK’
Hamden Government Center,
2750 Dixwell Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518 OR
DROP IN THE TOWN CLERK LOCKED DROP BOX OUTSIDE OF HAMDEN GOVERNMENT CENTER,
2750 DIXWELL AVENUE, HAMDEN, CT 06518.
(Green boxes against bldg.- last on right)
- All original certificates will be returned to you along with the new license and dog tag.
- All applications and monies received will be issued starting June 1, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RABIES CLINIC in June HAS BEEN POSTPONED by CVMA because of COVID-19. Check with your local veterinary to obtain vaccinations against Rabies for your pets. We cannot process without a current rabies vaccination certificate.
FOR QUESTIONS, CONTACT TOWNCLERK@HAMDEN.COM OR CALL (203) 287-7028.
Stay well and stay safe.