Accepted items include:
- All curbside recyclables (sorted into categories)
- Electronics (for proper recycling)
- Household furnishings
- Scrap metal (appliances, empty paint cans, other metal items)
- Tires (limit of four per year per household)
- Waste motor oil
You may wish to remove the hard drive from computers prior to disposal. A limited amount of remodeling or construction waste is permitted. On-site staff determines acceptable quantities. The Transfer Station has the right to refuse entrance or usage of Transfer Station. Please inquire first, before taking items to Transfer Station. Call 203-387-2435 for further information.
A single appliance or plumbing fixture will be accepted. For larger quantities, the homeowner must rent a dumpster.
Materials Not Accepted
Materials not accepted at the Transfer Station include:
- Batteries (take rechargeable batteries to Radio Shack, other household batteries to HazWaste Central, and car batteries to a retailer)
- Grass clippings
- Household hazardous waste
- Propane tanks
- Regular household trash (must be put out for weekly collection at curb)
Visit HazWaste Central for further information on disposal of household hazardous waste. Or call HazWaste Central at 203-401-2712.