How do I obtain a Marriage License?
  • Under Departments and Resources, go to Town Clerk and click on Applications and Forms. Print and fill out “Marriage License Worksheet”.
  • Along with the Marriage License Worksheet, a copy of Photo ID of both parties and $50 statutory fee (cash or check) is required to process. 
  • Drop in Town Clerk mailbox or mail with ATTN: Maria and when form is ready we will contact you to schedule an appointment for signatures.
  • You must get married in the town indicated on the license or it becomes invalid.

Show All Answers

1. What are the Town Clerk hours of operation?
2. Where is the Town Clerk Office located?
3. What is the Town Clerk contact information?
4. What is the Town Clerk Fee Schedule?
5. Are the Land Records on-line?
6. What is the local conveyance tax rate?
7. What is the cost to record land records?
8. Can you prepare a “Release of Mortgage” or a “Lien” for me?
9. Do you have a copy of my survey or plot plan?
10. How can I add my spouse, child, nephew, family member, etc. to my deed of property?
11. How do I obtain a Birth Certificate?
12. How do I obtain a Death Certificate?
13. How do I obtain a Marriage License?
14. How do I obtain a copy of my Marriage License?
15. How do I license my dog?
16. Is there a late fee for dog licenses after June?
17. Can I register a business in town?
18. Where are the agendas/minutes filed for Hamden’s Boards and Commissions?
19. I want to volunteer for a Hamden Board or Commission. How do I do that, and what commissions are there?
20. Do you have a list of Justices of the Peace?
21. Can I register my military discharge form (DD-214) at the Town Clerk’s Office?
22. Does the Town Clerk’s Office provide an Absentee Ballot for elections?
23. Does the Town Clerk’s Office provide campaign finance forms for running for elected office?
24. Can I register my new Notary License in the Town Clerk’s office?
25. Can I get a document notarized?